Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Baker's Dozen: A Very Brief Wrap-Up, and a Very Big Thank You on the Unofficial 13th (and last!) Day of the 12 Days of Feasting

Fools make feasts, and wise men eat them.
Benjamin Franklin

Day 1Day 2Day 3Day 4Day 5Day 6Day 7Day 8Day 9Day 10Day 11Day 12


I know, I know: Enough with the feasting already, right?  I thought I was finished with this whole  12 Days of Medieval Feasting thing too, but much like Michael Corleone in the Godfather III ... they just keep pulling me back in.

Actually, it's partly because of the super-keen clickable collage  (above) that Poppa Trix went and made for me.  How could I not want to make use of it? Plus, I just love the cooking wench cartoon logo he made for this whole series so much that I thought I'd use it one last time. Thank you Poppa Trix!!

I also thought you might be wondering  what it looked like around here in the middle of all this crazy medieval feasting, and this pretty much sums it up:
(Thanks for the image, Deana!)

But mostly I wanted to thank everyone who read along and encouraged me in this endeavor. Sometimes - particularly in the middle of hunting down ingredients, or cooking an Ember Day Tart at 10 pm on a weeknight -  I thought I was crazy for taking all of this on in the middle of the holiday season. But then someone would leave a thoughtful comment, or thank me for sharing these recipes, and it all felt worthwhile.

 I have been inspired by so many of the awesome food bloggers out there, and that's really what prompted me to challenge myself to cook better food, write more interesting posts, and take better photos.  I'll be back after the 25th with a review of Top Chef runner-up Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant Volt,  an announcement, and (hopefully) more fun features.  So thanks to all of you, and happy holidays!

The Complete 12 Days of Feasting Posts
for all your medieval feasting needs






22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on producing such a wonderful series! I enjoyed reading every single post (especially the fennel ones... yay fennel!) Until post-Christmas... Have an awesome one! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for the project. It was great fun reading along... Can't wait for your next inspired 'series'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to your review of Volt! It's pretty close to where we live and we really want to go very soon to eat at the chef's table. I thought Bryan should have won, he's such an excellent chef.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful series here, and so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it already over? I want more! great series, and thinking about it Medieval cuisine is colorful and tasty and not as you would imagine...austere, and rigorously simple...like that part of history.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on taking on such an insurmountable challenge and completing it! This series shows your dedication and diligence to cooking and food blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great series! Looking forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful series! I'm proud of you and the fact that you posted something - every day - during a time that is SO busy! Wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this series, and I love how you write about food-- looking forward to all the new year's news, and if you ever need someone to take on some of the overflow, let us know :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a great series. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fine job looking forward to your next 100 years of wonderful historic posts...in foodland...this was fabulous, and the recap was awesome as well, you are so talented and computer savey I am jealous!!!!!! My Queen I pronounce you Tasty Trix Triple Queen! Thank you and Congrats to a perfect grand finale!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Love the collage, and agree that this wonderful food community (you included) really inspires me to be a better blogger! You are doing an awesome job and I get so much inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the fool in me sends a warm thank you for your posts, they all were so educational and knowing that it all came from your home, and heart means more to us than you know....thanks to Poppa Trix too, without him we would not see the real Tasty Trix and it shows in your endeavors... A very Merry Christmas to you two....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun and great challenge! I thoroughly enjoyed it! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the 12 days. It had been superb! Merry Xmas sweetie~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl, these were awesome and so fun! That photo of "how it looked around here" had me in stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your awesome and so talented, have a very Merry Christmas
    love Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  18. A job well done!! Merry Christmas and I'll look forward to reading more about your culinary adventures in the New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Merry Christmas, dear Trix! Loved reading all your posts! Keep them coming in the new year :)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, I am so impressed by everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just came upon your site today - I have alot of catching up to do, but everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! I am looking forward to your review of Volt and to all of the new posts to be enjoyed in 2010.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete